Freedom Bank is locally owned and operates as a community-oriented institution with a strong focus on customer service. Our bank was founded in 1999, and operates offices in Huntingburg, Dale, Jasper, and Rockport, Indiana. Today we are one of the top-performing banks in Indiana.
We are currently seeking a full-time Loan Officer at our Jasper office.
This position will entail performing lending duties to customers for Consumer, Real Estate and Commercial Loans. In addition, assuring compliance with all bank policies and procedures as well as state and federal banking regulations.
- Perform lending duties to bank customers for the following types of loans: Consumer, Real Estate and Commercial loans
- Complete loan applications
- Provide financial counseling
- Underwrite credit applicants
- Make sound and justifiable credit decisions
- Prepare counter offers and loan denials
- Prepare proper documents for loan closing
- Close and fund loans
- Follow-up procedures such as lien perfections, collateral inspections
- Manage delinquent loans
- Cross-sell other products and services offered by Freedom Bank
- Development of strategic relationships with realtors, title companies, insurance agents, attorneys and accountants for referrals.
- Diligently ask customers for additional prospective customer contact information and referral sources.
- Continually strive to create profitable business through pro-active cross selling and relationship enhancement.
- Represent the Bank within the community by developing and promoting additional business.
- Adhere to security and state and federal regulatory compliance responsibilities to protect the Bank.
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Maintain extensive knowledge of all regulatory, compliance, procedural, and policy information
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to write professional correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong leadership, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills essential.
- Professionalism and responsiveness to associates, customers and referral sources a requirement.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Personal computer skills required, including a working knowledge of mortgage application and processing software, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and a prior use or familiarity with using e-mail (Outlook) and the Internet.
- Knowledge of ARTA & Mortgagebot software would be beneficial.
- Must be highly motivated and capable of some travel and working a nonstandard workweek as meetings and networking functions are sometimes held during evening hours and/or weekends.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or other related fields.
The work schedule will require approximately 45 hours per week and will include working some Saturdays.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Assistant at our Huntingburg office.
This position will entail balancing general ledger accounts, correspondent accounts, internal accounts, processing accounts payable and expense reports. In addition, assuring compliance with all bank policies and procedures as well as state and federal banking regulations.
- Assist with accounts payable
- Prepare general ledger transactions
- Assist with account reconciliations
- Process expense reports
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits
- Assist with bank regulatory exams
- Interact with customers, employees and vendors by phone and email.
- Adhere to security and compliance responsibilities to protect the Bank.
- Perform additional accounting responsibilities as defined by the CFO.
Required Skills and Experience
- Computer knowledge with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) & QuickBooks
- Extremely organized, accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Be flexible in a fast-paced changing environment
- Must be proactive, resourceful and have the ability to maintain confidential information and exhibit good judgment.
- Maintain a bachelor’s degree in accounting
The work schedule will require approximately 40-45 hours per week.