Freedom Bank is locally owned and operates as a community-oriented institution with a strong focus on customer service. Our bank was founded in 1999, and operates offices in Huntingburg, Dale, Jasper, and Rockport, Indiana. Today we are one of the top-performing banks in Indiana.
We are currently seeking part-time Tellers for our Rockport & Jasper locations. The work schedules will require approximately 28 hours per week. The positions will also require working every Saturday.
- Provide account services to customers.
- Process transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cashing checks, loan payments, and payoffs. Process cashier checks, VISA card advances, advances, IRA deposits.
- Process night deposits and check orders.
- Cash handing and reconciling cash drawer.
- Coin wrapping
- Scanning and transmitting transactions.
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow directions and apply policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Basic math proficiency with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Basic computer knowledge with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook).
We are currently seeking an Accounting Assistant at our Huntingburg office. The work schedule will require approximately 40-45 hours per week.
This position will entail balancing general ledger accounts, correspondent accounts, internal accounts, processing accounts payable and expense reports. In addition, assuring compliance with all bank policies and procedures as well as state and federal banking regulations.
- Assist with accounts payable
- Prepare general ledger transactions
- Assist with account reconciliations
- Process expense reports
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits
- Assist with bank regulatory exams
- Interact with customers, employees and vendors by phone and email.
- Adhere to security and compliance responsibilities to protect the Bank.
- Perform additional accounting responsibilities as defined by the CFO.
Required Skills and Experience
- Computer knowledge with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) & QuickBooks
- Extremely organized, accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Be flexible in a fast-paced changing environment
- Must be proactive, resourceful and have the ability to maintain confidential information and exhibit good judgement.
- Maintain a bachelor’s degree in accounting